THIS ITEM IS A PRE-ORDER Delivery may take 2-3 weeks.
We appreciate your support!
The Criminal Law Handbook: Know Your Rights, Survive the System
The criminal justice system is complicated, understand it and your rightsThis book demystifies the complex rules and procedures of criminal law. It explains how the system works, why police, lawyers, and judges do what they do, and what suspects, defendants, and prisoners can expect. It also provides critical information on working with a lawyer.
In plain English, The Criminal Law Handbook covers:
- search and seizure
- arrest, booking, and bail
- Miranda rights
- plea bargains
- common defenses
- working with defense attorneys
- constitutional rights
- juvenile court
- preliminary hearings
- public defenders
- victims’ rights
This edition is completely updated, covering the latest in criminal law, including U.S. Supreme Court cases.
Anyone interested in criminal law, including law students, people involved in the system personally (or who know someone who is), and authors who want to make sure their material is realistic. REASONS TO BUY THIS BOOK:
- The authors continue to update this book with the most significant changes in criminal law. These updates include new Supreme Court rulings.
- The book explains criminal laws and procedures in a reader-friendly question-and-answer format, and provides examples and illustrations of important concepts, rules, and cases.
- It covers constitutional principles, the criminal trial process from arrest to appeal, and defenses to criminal charges