WAKE COUNTY, NC- July 30th, 2021- Wake County will require masks to be worn in public buildings owned by the county. This policy will apply to individuals regardless of vaccine status. The requirement will apply to visitors and employee, and will go in effect August 2nd.
Buildings that are subject to the order include:
- Government offices, courts,
- Sheriff’s office,
- Wake County EMS,
- Wake County Justice Center and libraries,
- and others..
While we could not get a written policy from the county, they supplied the following list of bullet points.
- All employees and visitors to Wake County facilities must wear a mask indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- Masks can be removed if an employee in a personal office or workstation.
- COVID-19 screening questions will be asked upon entering buildings.
- Employees will be encouraged to work remotely if possible.
- For exceptions to the face-covering requirement, please refer to N.C. Executive Order No. 224.
Additionally, this mandate in response to Governor Roy Cooper’s decision not to extend North Carolina’s mask mandate.